The Archives of Messiah College contains the official records of the College's governing boards, administrative and educational departments, and student organizations.
Select materials will be made available on this site to represent the rich college collections dating back the the college's founding in 1909.
Messiah College received its charter in 1909. Founded by the Brethren in Christ Church, its orientation to Christian service is reflected in its first name—Messiah Bible School and Missionary Training Home. Originally located in Harrisburg, the school was moved to Grantham in 1911 following the construction of Old Main. The campus is on land donated by the College's first president, Samuel Rogers Smith, whose house and various business interests were in the village of Grantham.