Date of Award
Project Open Access
Master of Music (MM)
Program notes include:
- First Suite in Eb for Military Band (1909) - Gustav Holst
- On a Hymnsong of Philip Bliss (1989) - David Holsinger
- Clouds (1994) - Anne McGinty
- Lincolnshire Posy (1937) - Percy Aldridge Grainger
- Shenandoah (2019) - Omar Thomas
- Circus Bee (1908) - Henry Fillmore
Purdue, Leigh Ann, "Graduate Wind Conducting Recital Program Notes" (2021). Conducting Student Scholarship. 61.
This submission is part of MUAP 621 - Recital: Wind. This culminating experience in the applied wind conducting area offers the student the opportunity to showcase the skills developed over the course of the degree program. The 45-60 minute compilation of public performances will display requisite knowledge in the areas of advanced wind band conducting, score preparation, and high levels of musicianship. Program notes that emphasize the use of scholarship will be submitted as part of the recital requirement.