Date of Award
Project Open Access
Master of Music (MM)
Program notes include:
- Juggernaut (2015) - Gary D. Ziek
- First Suite in Eb (1909) - Gustav Holst
- As Summer was Just Beginning (1994) - Larry Daehn
- Foundry (2011) - John Mackey
- Overture for Winds (1959) - Charles Carter
- Yorkshire Ballad (1984) - James Barnes
- Armenian Dances: Part 1 (1972) - Alfred Reed
Pilius, Ryan, "Program Notes (MUAP 621 – Recital)" (2021). Conducting Student Scholarship. 60.
This submission is part of MUAP 621 - Recital: Wind. This culminating experience in the applied wind conducting area offers the student the opportunity to showcase the skills developed over the course of the degree program. The 45-60 minute compilation of public performances will display requisite knowledge in the areas of advanced wind band conducting, score preparation, and high levels of musicianship. Program notes that emphasize the use of scholarship will be submitted as part of the recital requirement.